In long-acting analgesia for laboratory mice and rats…
Unlike compounded buprenorphine…
- Ethiqa XR is manufactured to the highest standards at an FDA regulated facility
- You can be certain you’re getting consistent quality that helps assure the integrity of your research outcomes
- Ethiqa XR was specifically developed for use in mice and rats
- You can count on the convenience of 3-day analgesia with just 1 injection to relieve concerns about breakthrough pain
An ethical imperativeMany industry organizations, including ACLAM, AALAS, and ASLAP, have developed official position statements recognizing the need for reducing the discomfort of lab animals with effective pain management. Ethiqa XR is an example of our commitment to unique solutions that answer unmet needs in animal health.
Proven long-acting pain relief
Ethiqa XR provides worry-free pain relief as a result of less handling and stress for your animals.1
- Clinically significant blood levels were observed up to 72 hours after 1 subcutaneous injection
- Efficacy was demonstrated in studies conducted at Johns Hopkins University
Learn more about extended pain relief with Ethiqa XR. (please read ISI and full box warning)
- FDA-compliant supply chain and manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical grade pure, sterile, endotoxin-free components
- Made in the USA (manufactured in Pennsylvania)
Animal welfare protection
- Assures more accurate dosing using smaller syringes and needles
- Ensures control by managing the risk of inadequate or insufficient analgesia
We’re committed to leading the industry with quality-driven therapeutics.
Important Safety Information
For Rats and Mice:
Only administer Ethiqa XR by subcutaneous injection. Ethiqa XR is not intended for intravenous, intra-arterial, intrathecal, intramuscular, or intra-peritoneal injection. Do not use on mice or rats with pre-existing respiratory deficiencies. Do not keep rats on wood chip-type bedding after administration of Ethiqa XR. Use caution with concomitant administration of Ethiqa XR with drugs that cause respiratory depression.
Ethiqa XR should only be administered by a veterinarian or laboratory staff trained in the handling of potent opioids. Protective clothing is recommended to avoid direct contact with human skin or mucus membranes which could result in absorption of buprenorphine and adverse reactions. Not for use in humans.
For more information, consult the Prescribing Information including the Boxed Warning.
Ethiqa XR contains buprenorphine, a high-concentration (1.3 mg/mL) opioid agonist and Schedule III controlled substance with an abuse potential similar to other Schedule III opioids. The high concentration may be a particular target for human abuse. Buprenorphine has opioid properties that in humans may lead to dependence of the morphine type. Abuse of buprenorphine may lead to low or moderate physical dependence or high psychological dependence. The risk of abuse by humans should be considered when storing, administering, and disposing of Ethiqa XR. Persons at increased risk for opioid abuse include those with a personal or family history of substance abuse (including drug or alcohol abuse or addiction) or mental illness (suicidal depression). Because of human safety risks, this drug should be used only with veterinary supervision.
Do not dispense Ethiqa XR.
Life-Threatening Respiratory Depression
The concentration of buprenorphine in Ethiqa XR is 1.3 mg/mL. Respiratory depression, including fatal cases, may occur with abuse of Ethiqa XR. Ethiqa XR has additive CNS depressant effects when used with alcohol, other opioids, or illicit drugs that cause central nervous system depression. Because of the potential for adverse reactions associated with accidental injection, Ethiqa XR should only be administered by a veterinarian or laboratory staff trained in the handling of potent opioids.